FOR YOUNG PUPPIES, age 8-20 weeks: Puppies are our passion! We know how to set a pup up for success in life such that new pup parents are more likely to side step serious behavior issues as their pup grows towards adolescence and beyond, to maturity. Early intervention is critical to having a great family pet dog. We take a behavioral and holistic approach to working with you and new your puppy. We can spot early red flags for serious behavioral issues that most pet dog owners do not see. We can then adjust training and behavior priorities according to what your pup truly needs most. We help young pups grow their confidence and new pup-owners how to truly engage and connect with their new puppy through play and games.
NEXT PUPPY KINDERGARTEN START DATE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 5th at 10.a.m. REGISTRATION IS OPEN. Payment secures your pup’s spot in class.
- Common puppy behaviors that humans struggle with (such as puppy nipping/mouthing), barking in crate, other.
- Foundation games for skill building: It’s all about building connection and confidence at this stage all through games which teach a few foundational skills, play, and exploration.
- How to navigate distractions with ease and confidence
Skills focused on include:
- Recall (coming when called)
- Drop/Out, taught through play
- Beginning steps of going to “place”
- Following on a Loose Lead (intro to Loose Lead Walking)
- Learning to make good choices for reward.
- And more as time allows for this level
This is a six week class. AKC S.T.A.R Puppy Evaluation is offered as part of this class for those who are present for 6 out of 6 classes and who desire and/or qualify for this evaluation. This class is specifically for young puppies at or UNDER 20 weeks of age. If your pup is a bit older, our 101 class is where your pup belongs. Limit of 6 pups and handlers.
We meet outdoors in the shade for 6 one-hour class sessions (6 Saturdays) at Pet Med Plus Vet Clinic located at 2848 Holcomb Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022. Inclement weather days will be made up.
Payment secures your pup’s spot in class. Classes are filled on a first come first serve basis.
No refunds will be issued within the 7 days prior to the commencement of the first class.
Please contact us via our contact page prior to registration. We need to assure that this is the right class for your puppy and also get you all the necessary paper work.
See our Home Page Badge which shows Pups To Pooches Dog Training classes as rated among the top 9 Best Dog Training Classes in Atlanta by expertise.com for the year 2022.
There are no reviews yet.